11 October 2008

The Things People Say

People say weird things. Here are some of the comments I heard in the last few weeks:

1. "I can't believe the secretary was complaining about my time sheet. I mean, if she wants something to complain about I could really give her something. Like police brutality to some inmates here. Yeah, I could beat up a few of those assholes" -Unknown Deputy who works at the Dane Co. Jail.

2. "If you want to do humanitarian work and truly help poor people, become powerful. You cannot be poor and help the poor" - Ayurvedic Practioner at seminar I went to.

3. "You could do a pretty good WWII" -JV referring Lia almost being able to put her hair in a ponytail, but she actually meant to say a "George Washington"

4. This joke that Justin Ver Halen told me last night, but I cannot repeat it. It was that horrifying. If you see me in person ask, I'll probably tell you, but I cannot type it. It was that shocking. And I'm not shocked by much.

I thought there were more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. So, that's all I got. Some of them were disturbing, some were very funny. Just like life, disturbing and hilarious all at once.

2 comments:

Reem Tara said...

TELL THE JOKE!!!

Unknown said...

this internets is the awesome. what i say? Oops. spilt rum on the compeuter, b ut what i say, queenia?